Prof. George Woo, Immediate Past President of APCO, was awarded Honorary Fellowship by the College of Optometrists, UK at the Diploma Presentation Ceremony held in Central Hall Westminster on 30 November 2010.
17th Asia Pacific Optometric Congress (APOC) was held in Hong Kong SAR,
China on 5 - 7 November 2009. Invited lecturers covered topics
APOCís development and future,
- Global positioning for the profession of optometry,
- Structure-function relationship in glaucoma,
- Perspective on basic eye research in China,
- Optometry education in Tianjin,
- Empirical study on the effects of long wavelength light induced myopia,
- Mechanism of myopia research and recent findings,
- Patient and practitioner compliance with silicone hydrogel and daily
lens replacement in the USA and Canada, and
Is protecting clinical sovereignty the next big challenge for optometry?
papers were included on the scientific programme within
the various sessions: Paediatric & Binocular Vision,
Clinical Practice 1, 2 & 3,
Contact Lens Practice, Visual Science. Speakers listed were from
Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Japan, Korea,
Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, United Kingdom
and United States. The Congress was also included an Education
Forum and a Myopia Symposium and thirty-eight scientific papers
had been displayed as poster. 592 delegates from 21 various
countries and regions attended.
Copyright © The Asia Pacific Council of Optometry.
All rights reserved.